Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tale Of A Hideously Ugly "Bonnet"




Or, You've Wrought What??? One of the deals about being incapable of following directions is that I always want to do it my way. Even if My Way is completely inadvisable. This latest monstrosity, of which I'm so embarrassed that I had to cover my face, is a case in point. I checked Knit 2 Together, by Tracey Ullman and Mel Clark, out of the library and noted a cute bonnet/scarf that I thought might work for The Sweetart Scarf. Then I was practicing a lace pattern in Fisherman's Wool when it came to me: this is about the right size for the gusset of that bonnet in the book. I added a Brioche Stitch brim in Noro Kureyon #134 (a mercifully discontinued colorway). Here it is world: front, side and back. I hear a lot of "ughs" out there, and I agree — it's ugly! If I added it to the scarf, it would wreck the scarf. My husband Buster says that the back looks like an exposed skull. I'm just going to wear it around the house to keep my head warm and torture he who makes cutting, if true, comments about my creations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you could sell it on etsy!