Thursday, October 4, 2007

Update: Mushrooms


Remember The Mushroom Sweater? I hardly do myself. I finally figured out why I'm ignoring it. The sleeves! I just don't like raglan sleeves. They look good on men in Irish Spring commercials, but not developed women. In my opinion. I initially chose the pattern from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns so I could work it on circular needles. But I've discovered I don't like making circular sleeves, not for my first sweater. I know I'll fup the increases, my marker's always migrating. So now I'm going to go for saddle sleeves worked flat. This is a lot of messing around for a first sweater endeavor, but life must hold some challenge, after all! Should I have chosen a simple drop sleeve design? They're so boxy looking. No, I think I'll just gird myself for some hair-pulling and continue. I really want to get this done by Halloween!

No comments: