
Canasta, our Sacred Blue Chihuahua, has turned into a terribly picky eater. When she first strayed into the Junkyard, she was so hungry she ate cat food. Then she graduated to various Better Brand dog foods. When she suddenly refused to eat one more morsel of that, we tempted her with canned salmon (rinsed of salt). But now she'll only eat steak and rotisserie chicken. I try to add grain in the form of damp shredded wheat, but she somehow manages to eat around those shreds! Chihuahuas are known for their finicky eating habits. I don't want her to starve, but I don't want her to turn into a little butterball either. The vet just says, "Feed her ScienceDiet." Oh, you mean the same brand that substituted melamine for wheat gluten? She'd rather eat cat food! Further research and experimentation is obviously required. Fortunately, our cats will eat anything, even bugs. Especially bugs! Rather vile to watch, but full of protein.
No comments:
Post a Comment