
Since the knit bloggers were gracious enough to include me in their ring, I've decided it's about time to share an update on my exciting (if unfinished) knitting projects with the www. And even though my cat Bigfoot is sprawling across the lot, trying to take credit where it isn't due, I'm the one who's done the actual knitting — though he has given me a (very) few suggestions. In order of appearance the projects are: The Hot Pink Peacock Feather Shawl, The Sweetart Scarf (5' and still growing strong, sometimes I just can't stop already with the scarves), and, of course, The Mushroom Sweater. Although I have a Rubbermaid tub full of gorgeous yarn singing a siren song in the far corner of the basement, I have vowed not to open its lid till all three of the projects shown are finished down to the last blessed weave in. Amen. For a newly confident knitter, my biggest challenge is not going berserk with new ideas I want to manifest now, which would take me and all the fingers in China approximately 10 years to complete. But here's what's coming next: The Owl Cape, The Midnight Shawl, The Rustic Vest, The Fingerless Mohair Opera Gloves and Capelet Set, and The Brioche Bedjacket.
No comments:
Post a Comment