
Oh, yes! Please refer to yesterday's post. The Sack of Jerseyville is complete. I came away with three bags full, to say the least. One item is so mind-bogglingly cool, it will have a page devoted to it in Lucky Find Gazette #13. Hush-hush! Plus: 39 old patterns, from the golden age of 1966-1974! Old patterns are something I used to take for granted. 10¢ apiece = armloads of mindlessly smiling girls in silly minis cavorting across covers: they were plentiful in every thrift store. But then, as recently as four years ago, the demographics began to shift. The golden age patterns were gone, except for a pitiful smattering of kid's clothes! No more psychedelic fabrics and fabulous Sharon Tate hairdos. They'd all been replaced by grim pastel 80s images of frizzy headed women in shoulder pads and "skorts." So even though the patterns I found cost 70¢ instead of 10¢, I bought every last one of them. There are even a few outfits I'm planning to actually make: the Capes, maybe a leisure suit or two. (But not The Peasant Looks above — which on first glance I thought were for Barbie clothes.) Sewing is my first love, it reminds me of making doofy clothes like the 1969 ones above in my grandma's basement. Knitting has sidetracked me away from any sewing projects lately, but the patterns have reignited the old fire! There just isn't enough time in the day to work, create, and blog. And forget about cleaning the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment