
Yesterday I cashed a check I got for writing. It felt good! Since I made the money off of wordage about junk, I've decided to plow my capital back into the company, so to speak, and head up to Jerseyville, Ills. for a thorough sacking of the Salvation Army thrift store there. This is the store that smells like BO and worse, due to a crock pot full of frank and beans on constant burble in the break room/donation area. Yes, hotdogs simmered slowly unleash all the aromas of the by-products they are composed of. By-products is a nice word for a lot of parts you'd rather not see in print, eyeballs being as far as I'll go. But it's worth braving this miasma for the potential treasure. In the past I've found Genuine Antiques there, as well as enormous amounts of Ugly 70s Delights. Will let you know the results of my troll tomorrow.
1 comment:
One of my big junking regrets is passing up an 1820s darning sampler in a "antique" store in Jerseyville. I had the money, but was feeling particularly broke at the time.
Post a Comment